Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spices: Mc Cormick's Crushed Red Pepper and Cardamom seeds

Hello everyone!
I have been looking for two very specific spices. I have seen the old Mc Cormick's Red Pepper spice at my parent's place, my friend's family's home and pretty much every family's home I have been to.
It just so happens that Danny is running out of the Mc Cormick's Red Pepper spice and I have embarked on a journey to find a good source to replace it. 

I found this in a supermarket, I believe close to Bay station.
Yikes, $5.29 + tax.



I found the Amazon.com website 13-Ounce container of crushed red peppers for $8.42 in American Dollars which will be taxed once it crosses the borders. It's about $0.65 / oz but this is in American dollars and will have to pay for shopping if you are ordering under $35.  Mc Cormick is definitely the taste that I trust. 

I had no idea a small jar of Cardamom seeds would be $6.99 + tax. These seeds are great in hot beverages. I was studying at my colleague's place and she made me plain red rose tea seeped in hot milk, sugar and some cardamom seeds. It was a fragrant, fantastic delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment