Saturday, October 22, 2011

Will cook and blog more often

Hello everyone,

I just did 8 shifts in a row and I am burnt out!
I do plan to cook and blog more often.

It was pretty depressing what I was consuming during the past 3 months.

Of course, it was very challenging moving and not having kitchen utensils....

I used a spare part of a shelf rack of a refrigerator as my dish rack. One of the seasonal workers helped me do groceries and she came into the trailer to drop off the food with me. She stared at my empty, pathetic kitchen and was like, "You need to buy more stuff for your trailer." It took about a month and a half for my kitchen to be more equipped.

This is what my diet looked like during the first month here:

Breakfast: Lemon juice squeezed myself with Agave Syrup (I heard Lemon tricks the brain that gives you the sense that you are full. This only works for about 15 mins then you will be hungry again if only ingested juice on an empty stomach.)
Toast with Margarine or Oatmeal or boiled eggs

Lunch: Campbell's vegetable Soup with toast

Dinner : Pizza (A slice of bread baked with pasta sauce and cheese)
or
Toast with Pasta Sauce
or
Boiled Vegetables (Asparagus, potatoes carrots and onions) with Lemon Juice and Black pepper, salt and Agave.

This is what my diet looked like during the Second month here:

Breakfast: Cereal with soy milk with fruit if available
or
Fruit smoothie (Avocado , blueberry, strawberry, banana smoothie) or boiled eggs

Lunch: Smoothie, Uncle Ben's Tomato Rice with tomato, or Campbell Soup or Tuna Sandwich, Veggie Meat

Dinner: Frozen perogies with Canned Soup or Oatmeal or Fruit with Cereal, Chips

During my Third month, my diet had graduated to:

Breakfast: Orange Juice, Cereal, Oatmeal, Leftovers from Dinner, Pancakes, Boiled eggs

Lunch: Korean Glass noodles, ramen, Soup, Frozen perogies ,pasta, veggie meat or a hamburger (I need my protein ppl and sometimes veggie meal is unavailable)

Dinner: Soup, Frozen Fries, Sliced Tomatoes, Pizza Pockets, Oatmeal, Nachos, pasta

I know its not the most healthiest diet but I'm working on it despite of the fact that a green pepper here is $5 -6 + tax. I try to add real veggies into my soup like onions, carrots and tomatos so I am getting some nutrients. Those canned soups pretty much have nothing in them but sodium and fat.

Sometimes, when I am working a day shift, I purchase lunch from the cafe. Personally, I am not too pleased with the food there. I only like their Egg Sandwich because they are generous with the egg salad. :D

I just had their Mac and Cheese and it looked so gross and it tasted pretty bland. I mean, clearly there was a large amount of cheese in the dish but it didn't even taste cheesy. But I ate it because I completed a 30 hour shift. I swear the God, the cashier was like O.O and she watched me inhale this large dish of Mac and Cheese, 2 bowls of Chicken soup and a slice of cherry pie in 20 mins. Before, I exited the deserted Cafe, I went up to her and said, "I know I eat like a man.". The Cashier laughed and said, "I can see that."











No comments:

Post a Comment