Thursday, September 8, 2011

Food Sick

September 8, 2011.

9:12PM

I am food sick.

Not food poisoned just plain old food sick when you are suddenly reside in a place where you cannot consume the type of foods you usually had for 25 years. Up here the food sucks. Seriously, what are the locals thinking? The quality of the food is low and crappy. 80% of the foods in the supermarket are perishable foods and 20% of the supermarket are fresh produce.

What the hell?

Where is the food pride of this community?

There are no Cooking competitions... just bake sales. I had a cupcake from a bake sale last week and purchased a cupcake for $1. The baker went el cheapo on the buttercream frosting and the bottom of the cupcake weas burnt. My tongue guessed this cake really was cake box.

Seriously, I should start a food riot or make ppl sign food petitions for improve the quality of the foods that is sold here.

I miss the foods from Toronto. I loved it how you can step out and choose eat or taste different type of foods, different ethnic foods, attend food festivals and events.

Here there isn't much. I see people do some pot lucks but I guess what I'm really craving is for Vietanmese Pho, Thai Tom Kha Gai, Korean Bibimap, Jamacian Jerk Chicken, Greek Chicken souvlaki with rice, salad and potatoes,Chinese Congee and Dim Sum, Philippino Sinigang with Casavacake, Indian Curry, Japanese Sushi, Kosher Hummus, and I think I need to stop right there or else I will continue to salivate.

On the bright side, I have some time to practice my so called culinary skills. It will be fun. :D

There is so many things I want to make.....

1. Pineapple sorbet inside a pineapple
2. Rice Cakes out of scratch
3. Pho
4. Cheesecake
5. Cupcakes (hopefully excel to create red velvet cupcakes)
6. Rapunzel's Squash & Hazelnut Soup (Yes, that Disney movie made Michie Hungry!)
7. Fried Bread (Hopefully excel to make fried bread pizza)
8. Experiment and create different lemonades
9. Learn how to make Pizza dough out of scratch from a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment