Monday, October 1, 2012

A Flexi... What?

Hello Food lovers,

I read an article from a food magazine called Food Service World in the THAI restaurant on St. Clair West.

I found the article on-line on their website.

Here is the first part of the article:

"Chefs are appealing to flexitarians, a new wave of vegetarians who eat meatOn The Big Bang Theory, one of TV’s successful sitcoms, Penny says, “I’m a vegetarian — except for steak. I loooove steak!” It draws a laugh, but Penny is not joking. She belongs to a new category of diners called flexitarians.These consumers intend to be healthy and socially conscious (it takes significantly more of the Earth’s resources to feed a meat eater), so they espouse vegetarian principles. But, like Penny, they love the occasional indulgence of juicy meat."

if you wish to read more, go to: http://www.foodserviceworld.com/home/features/food-file/4108-the-new-vegetarian.html

The rationale behind the concept of this post was at camp, a guy asked me if I was vegetarian.

I simply stated, "I am a vegetarian that cheats and consumes meat once in a while."

The guy, "If you eat meat, then you're not a vegetarian!"

I did not know how to defend myself and what uttered out of my mouth were, "I probably decrease the chances of getting a heart attack by avoiding meat but eat it about once per week to none per week so it can't hurt. I do consume meat products and fish but I have my weakness for shrimp." (I'm eating Nong Shim's Shin Ramen and I added frozen peas and frozen shrimp to make it heartier at the moment.)

But now I know what to say next time someone inquires in regards to my diet.

I would say, "I'm Flexiarian!" :D

My other meaty weaknesses other than Shrimp are:

1.  Yookgaejang (Korean Soup - Stewed beef brisket and vegetables in a hot spicy beef broth served with rice, Yum! )

2. Tang Soo Yook/Kan Poong Ki/Sweet Sour Chicken

3. Hamburgers (Mc Double Burger, O-Filet-Fish, Generally speaking Hero Burgers Beef and Fish burgers, Priest Burger)

4. Samgaetang (Another Korean soup- Stewed Cornish hen stuffed with garlic, cloves, ginseng, dates, green onions and sweet rice.) I haven't had this for over 1 year and a half. This is awesome when you're feeling ill or you're having a hangover. You will feel rejuvenated from all the good stuff.

5. AFC - Ajuker Fried Chicken (Goddammit, just thinking about AFC is making my mouth salivate! I also haven't had this for over a year. Love the chicken but it wasn't what it used to be. They had more flavor in the past. This stuff is expensive! )

6. Coconut Milk Soup with Mushrooms and Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment